Sunday, February 20, 2011

Projects

Well, we haven't done much in the last week because of class being canceled on Tuesday and only having an hour of class on Thursday, so I don't have much to talk about in terms of classwork. However, I have been doing some sketches for other classes, and I really think that all the drawing we've been doing in class has really been helping my overall drawing skills. I would like to start coming up with some of my own drawing projects, but I just haven't been able to find the time to do my own artwork yet this semester.

I do have one project that I'm going to have to get done by the end of the semester though, and I definitely have to find time for it. My girlfriend's parents asked me to paint a picture of her brother, who's a state champ wrestler. I'm going to paint a picture of him getting his hand held up after his state championship match. I'll have to start soon, because they want me to get it done in time to give it to him for his high school graduation this spring.

I'm looking forward to doing the muscles of the leg; it will be nice to be able to understand more of the body so I can incorporate more of it in my quick sketches in class. It will really help my gesture sketches and give me a little more confidence so I don't have to use such sketchy lines. The more confidence I get with the overall shapes of the body, the more precise I can be with my lines.

I look forward to getting back into a more normal class schedule this week to get back in the swing of things, unless we have some snow days.....which would be okay too i suppose.

Oh yeah, here's a sweet life drawing picture.

2 comments:

  1. I was bummed about missing a ton of drawing time too. The painting you're working on sounds like that will be fun to do! I'm also exited to move on and draw more than a torso and actually incorporate limbs! You're charlie brown drawing is AWESOME by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah lack of class was good and bad. Oh well, atleast last week we didn't lose any days. Sam, knowing you that painting is going to look great!

    ReplyDelete