Sunday, February 27, 2011

another week down

Can't believe its already mid-term time for life drawing! thankfully this semester has been going extremely well, and extremely fast...two things i'm very happy about. i keep waiting for things to get so overwhelming that i'll have to pick a class to let slip for a while, but that day hasn't quite hit me yet, knock on wood.

I do have to work a little bit of overtime the next couple days though in order to prepare for my birthday week, haha. My 21st birthday is on wednesday, so i have a feeling i need to get a little ahead in my classes before then to make up for the lack of homework i'll be doing for about the next 4 days after my birthday....oh, well. You only turn 21 once i suppose, gotta make it worth it!

I've been starting to feel a real improvement in my drawings the last week or so, which is nice, and i've been able to use those skills in my Digital Narrative class where we have to design characters. My knowledge of the human form has really helped me draw a believable character. He has really exaggerated proportions, but since i know what the muscles should actually look like, it makes it way easier to exaggerate them a bit and keep them looking pretty realistic.

Here's a few quick photoshop sketches of my character, Valkin. (works in progress, still need to make a couple faces)



2 comments:

  1. HOLY SHIT MAN! That looks awesome! I need to start practicing my tablet painting skills. In fact I need to start practicing at getting better at using that thing. Good thing I have an easy semester, it will give me time to practice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, Happy Birthday! And also, those sketches are really good! The exaggerated features are great!

    ReplyDelete