Monday, April 11, 2011

Sorry for the wait....here we go.

Hey guys! Sorry I got set back a few weeks here, got completely bogged down with some of my other classes, and although that's not really an excuse for missing a couple weeks, that's all I've got, haha.

Anyways, I've really been enjoying the long poses we've been doing lately. Now that we are finally winding down on learning all the muscles, it's become so much easier to make strong finished drawings over the course of an hour or hour and a half. It feels so much better to be able to actually feel like I know what I'm doing now, instead of sitting there looking at the model feeling like I'm trying to learn rocket science. I also really have been enjoying being able to switch between both the male and female models fairly often. It creates such a nice change of pace, and really changes the way you have to draw the form.

I'm hoping I can keep finding a way to create some decent drawings in those long poses so that I can make my final portfolio as strong as I can. I've already improved much more than I expected to this semester, but I definitely know now that I have even more room to grow. Hopefully I can make that happen in the next few weeks, and hopefully I'll be able to put everything together at the very end of the semester to create a few great drawings after we finally learn all the muscles of the body.

Keep up the good work guys! I'll have a couple more posts coming up either tonight or tomorrow to get fully caught up!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I've been busy too. I'm really enjoying the long poses also, I'm just so much happier with my drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, don't sweat it. I'm about as behind as you if not more, though I finally just caught up :D

    ReplyDelete